In addition to wigs, there are also a number of common hair accessories for which we offer our sound advice.
- While headbands are quite popular, they can often look “juvenile,” and unintendedly so. To counter this, it’s best to wear the headband along with a bun (even a messy one) for a more mature look.
- For a quick and easy way to pull back hair, a wide tortoise barrette is recommended for a classy look. The hair’s underside should be teased before being gathered into a ponytail to ensure a tight hold, and the barrette should then be snapped as closely as possible to the nape.
- It’s commonly known that freshly-washed hair does not hold clips and barrettes as effectively as “second-day” hair. To add more grip to clean hair, a small amount of dry shampoo can work wonders.
- Headbands don’t always have the sole purpose of keeping hair out of the face. It’s important to remember that they can still be great tools in fashioning new styles, even when they are not manipulating the hair itself. They are always great for experimenting and trying out new looks.
- If a single bobby pin is going to be used, it is better to use more than one so they can serve their purpose entirely. Whether they are helping to hold a messy bun in place or keeping short layers pulled away from the face, multiple pins can catch the eye and are usually more effective than a single one.
- Stiff or wiry ribbons have a reputation of looking “cheap;” the best ribbons to use in the hair are silky and floppy or grosgrain. These are better to be woven into braids, or wide sashes can be worn as headbands. To do this, a small section of hair should simply be wrapped around the bottom of the ribbon to prevent it from coming out.
For all of your wig and hair accessory needs, we at Ms. Opal’s Wigs are here to offer you the most complete shopping experience in the Delray Beach, FL area. Call us today at (561) 865-0330. We look forward to serving you!